Candy Gibbs

Writings

Community

Overcoming Your Past-Part 2

November 15, 2018 • Community, Ministries, Speaking

I know that all of you are running your race. I know that your heart is to chase hard after the Lord. I know that you want to pursue the passion that He has placed in your heart. Yet, I…

Overcoming Your Past- Part 1

November 13, 2018 • Community, Speaking, Women's Events

“Is not this the fast that I choose; to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free and to break every yoke?” Isaiah 58:6 I really believe the Lord intends…

Color Your World

October 24, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Teens

I was going over in my mind this afternoon what topic I would blog about today and settled on the title of … “I’m a Bad Mom”.   I was going to talk about how even though we all strive to…

Choose Peace

October 16, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Teens

“…As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 Our homes should be places of peace and refuge.  Learn to fight for peace in your home. There is nothing in this life, other than the Lord…

A Change of Season

October 12, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Teens

Fall is certainly in the air!  Last Friday night, was homecoming for my Madi. That is big time in Texas…football and mums- big mums. In the middle of the afternoon, fall arrived.  There was a slight breeze and a definite…

Millennials and Divorce Rate

October 9, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Speaking

Isn’t it interesting this article calls abiding by Biblical principles “rebelling against their elders”? The divorce rate has dropped 18%?! I don’t call that rebelling, I call it revival…praise His Name! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-25/millennials-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews Much Love, Buy Candy’s book Rescue here!  You…

Fearless Friday-Siblings

October 5, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Teens

I have heard it said that siblings will likely be the longest relationship in a person’s lifetime. A recurring theme that has come up in discussion with students is the concept of a “golden child” and the “black sheep.” It…

Kavanaugh- My Two Cents

October 2, 2018 • Announcements, Community, Parenting

Simply, there is far too much noise in the room. Regardless of the fact that I believe too many people are shouting from one roof top or another far too often, with too much volume, and dare I say with…

Fearless Friday-Tearing Down Strongholds

September 28, 2018 • Announcements, Community, Parenting

We are so excited about our upcoming Lead On retreat! With the onslaught of attacks this culture throws at our college students, they are in desperate need of a weapon! We want to come alongside them to silence the accuser…

Fall-Top Ten List

September 26, 2018 • Community, Parenting, Speaking

Candy’s Fall Top Ten List: 10. I love that it gets dark earlier, tends to draw the family home. 9. Fall contains my favorite Scentsy fragrances! (Baking smells are the best!) 8. Brown shades of nail polish are classy. 7….

Book Today